Mark C. Glaum, MD, PhD
Board-Certified Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Specialist
“My own struggle with allergies over the years has given me an understanding of the discomfort patients face. Many patients are debilitated by their allergic illnesses until effective treatments are initiated. It’s so rewarding to be able to make a difference in people’s lives, especially children’s.
“My work at the University of South Florida College of Medicine, where I train allergy and immunology physicians and conduct research, keeps me up-to-the-minute on evolving science and makes me a more informed physician.
“I’m very pleased to be part of a team of physicians who stay on the leading edge of research and healthcare delivery. I can’t imagine practicing medicine any other way.”
Born in West Chester, Pennsylvania, Dr. Glaum is married and has two daughters and a son. His hobbies include fishing, boating, and vintage automobiles.
Voted “Best Doctors in America”
- Board Certified: Allergy & Immunology, Internal Medicine
- Fellow: American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- Fellowship: Allergy & Immunology, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Internship: Internal Medicine, Hahnemann University Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- MD: Hahnemann University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA
- PhD: Immunology, Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA
- MS: Hahnemann University, Philadelphia, PA
- BA: Fordham University, New York, NY
- Member: American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology; American Lung Association Professional Education & Research Committee
- Associate Professor: Medicine & Pediatrics, Division of Allergy & Immunology, University of South Florida College of Medicine
- Research Interests: Mast cell and B cell biology; directed or participated in numerous studies and clinical trials at the University of South Florida College of Medicine and other institutions
- Hospital Affiliations: Tampa General Hospital; James A. Haley Veterans Administration Hospital; Moffit Cancer Center Hospital; University Community Hospital; All Children’s Hospital