Thank you for selecting Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Associates of Tampa Bay in Tampa, Florida for your allergy care. To schedule an appointment, please call us at (813) 971-9743.
Once you have made your initial appointment, you may fill out the paperwork in the links below. Completing the forms prior to your visit will help speed up the new patient registration process.
- New Patient Paperwork
- Printable New Patient Paperwork (Dr. Lockey Preferred)
- Pre Vial Paperwork
- Medication List
- Printable Medication List (Dr. Lockey Preferred)
- Authorization for Release of Health Information
- Patient Portal for Existing Patients
- Online Bill Pay
*If you need help accessing the portal, please contact the office and we’ll be happy to help!
To verify office hours & to schedule appointments, please call (813) 971-9743 and press 2.
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Friday: 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Please call to schedule (813) 971-9743
Monday: 12:10 pm to 4:40 pm
Tuesday: 7:10 am to 10:30 am
Thursday: 7:10 am to 10:00 am and 12:10 pm to 5:00 pm
Friday: 7:00 am to 10:30 am
The questionnaire will be completed and reviewed with you. Your physician will then perform a physical examination, discuss diagnostic tests and any laboratory procedures, determine treatment plans, and make recommendations. Please ask questions about your care. Information is recorded in your file and a letter is forwarded to your primary care physician.
These tests can determine allergies to pollen allergens (trees, grasses, weeds), molds, dust mites, furry animals, foods, medications, latex, and stinging insects (venoms). Your physician will review the test results and outline a treatment plan with you.
Please commit to the scheduled time frame for testing, which requires several hours. If you must cancel, give ample time as medical staffing and material preparation time can be scheduled for other patients in need of medical care.
When allergen immunotherapy is indicated, an allergen vaccine will be prescribed based on your history and skin test results. You will begin a series of injections to be administered once or twice a week until maintenance is reached and, thereafter, the interval between injections will be gradually decreased to once a month.
Your physician will write the vaccine prescription based on your history and test results. You begin with weak dilutions and small doses and build to a maintenance level. The injections are administered once or twice weekly and when maintenance is achieved, the interval between injections usually can be decreased to once a month. Please call in advance, as preparation time is required. These visits are scheduled at specific times throughout the day (see Injection Hours below.)
Allergic reactions from your allergen injections can occur. If an allergic reaction occurs, you will be immediately treated with epinephrine and other medications, as necessary, to stop the reaction.
Your allergen vaccines and detailed instructions about administering your injections will be provided for you if you are required or wish to receive your injections at the office of your primary care physician. Please provide the necessary referral and updates, as necessary, if an authorization number is needed for your allergen injections. Call our office Monday through Friday, 9 am to 5 pm, for assistance: (813) 971-9743.
Injection hours - are on a walk-in basis during the times below with the exception of Friday afternoon (By Appointment Only):
Monday: 12:10 PM to 5:10 PM
Tuesday: 7:30 AM to 10:15 AM and 12:10 PM to 4:00 PM
Wednesday: 8:30 AM to 10:15 AM and 12:10 PM to 5:00 PM
Thursday: 12:10 PM to 5:00 PM
Friday: 12:10 PM to 2:00 PM (By Appointment Only)
Phone: (813) 971-9743
Fax: (813) 558-9421
Please call the office as soon as possible if you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment. 48 hours' notice is needed for cancellations. We would then be happy to reschedule your appointment for another time. There may be a late cancellation fee of $50 for appointments missed or not cancelled before 48 hours.
If your insurance is an HMO/managed care plan and you are required to obtain a referral from your primary care physician, the referral must be obtained before you can be seen for an office visit. Please coordinate this with your primary care physician in advance. Appointments will be rescheduled if required referrals are not received in the office by the time of your visit.
Below is a listing of all of the current insurance companies we accept:
- Accordia **out of network**
- Accountable Health Plan
- Aetna (not Medicare HMO replacement)
- AHP (American Med Security)
- American Pioneer
- Baycare (except Baycare hospitals)
- BCBS PPO/Health Options/Care Manager/Blue Options/Network Blue/ Select (NOT:Advantage 65 Medicare replacement)
- Beech Street
- CCN **out of network**
- Cigna & Cigna Local Plus (not Cigna Select or Baycare exclusive)
- First Health **out of network**
- Florida Hospital Healthcare
- Focus PPO
- Fortified Network
- Foundation Health (Beach Street)
- Freedom Health
- GHI **out of network**
- Global Health Claim Services
- Great West (not Baycare exclusive PPO)
- Humana Choice Care & Humana Gold Plus
- Integrated Health PPO/HS Card
- Mail Handlers **out of network**
- Manatee Health Network
- MCM Maxcare #2 PPO
- Medica (through United)
- Multiplan (ACP)
- Mutual of Omaha
- One Health (part of Great West)
- PHCS (Private Healthcare Systems)
- Prefered Care
- Stratose (formerly NPPN PPO)
- State Farm
- Unicare (part of PHCS)
- United Healthcare (including Medicare AARP)
- USA MCO
- VA TriWest
We do not accept the following plans: Advent Health, Amerigroup, Humana Family, Medicaid, Sunshine State, Allegiance (thru Cigna)
Medical records are confidential and will not be released without the patient’s written consent. Consultation reports and written updates are provided to your primary care physician.
For more information on allergy, asthma or immunology related topics please go to:
- American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology – The AAAAI has developed an extensive library of information in their center to help you learn more about allergic disease
- Click here to find out current pollen count
- World Allergy Organization – The leading source of allergy information worldwide for medical professionals and consumers
- American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- Food Allergy Research & Education
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America
- Allergy and Asthma Network
- National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute of NIH
- Choosing Wisely