Roger W. Fox, MD
Board-Certified Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Specialist
“I’ve always known that I wanted to be a physician so that I could help people live better, healthier lives. And in medical school, I developed a deep interest in asthma and immunology.
“But it wasn’t until I actually began practicing medicine that I realized just how great an impact a trained and caring physician can have on the lives of his patients. It is such a deeply rewarding experience to develop a personalized plan of care that lets a child, parent, or grandparent enjoy better health and a more stable life.
“For me, the clinical process begins with active listening, so I sit down with each patient and ask, ‘How can I help you?’ I listen to their responses with compassion, empathy, and professionalism. Then I develop a plan of care, provide patient education, and follow up to maximize the outcome.
“Conducting clinical research and being a professor who trains other physicians has broadened my knowledge and experience and made me a more informed caregiver. Being a physician has been a dream come true for me. More importantly, it has made me more aware of other people’s dreams.”
Born in Belleville, Illinois, Dr. Fox is married and has two sons and one daughter. His hobbies include golf and sports.
Voted “Best Doctors in America”
- Board Certified: Allergy & Immunology, Internal Medicine
- Fellow: American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology; American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology; American College of Physicians
- Fellowship: Allergy & Clinical Immunology, University of South Florida School of Medicine, Tampa, FL
- Residency: Internal Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- Internship: Internal Medicine, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL
- MD: St. Louis University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- BA: Drake University, Des Moines, IA
- Member: American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology; American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology; American Association of Certified Allergists; Hillsborough County Medical Association, Executive Council
- Professor: Medicine, Pediatrics, & Public Health, Division of Allergy & Immunology, University of South Florida College of Medicine
- Clinical Research: Principal or associate investigator in numerous studies and clinical trials at the University of South Florida College of Medicine and other institutions
- Clinical Expertise: Respiratory allergies (hay fever and asthma), chronic sinusitis, headaches, allergic skin disorders, allergic esophageal and gastrointestinal diseases, hypersensitivity to stinging-insect venoms, drugs, and foods
- Hospital Affiliations: Tampa General Hospital; James A. Haley Veterans Administration Hospital; Moffit Cancer Center Hospital; University Community Hospital; All Children’s Hospital