Dennis K. Ledford, MD
Board-Certified Allergy, Asthma & Immunology Specialist
“I chose a career in medicine because I wanted to make a lifetime commitment to a profession that could improve people’s lives. I selected allergy and immunology because I had outstanding mentors in that field, a deep interest in science and a desire to deliver patient care in that specialty.
“Although I get great satisfaction from the research and teaching I do at the University of South Florida College of Medicine, my greatest professional pleasure comes from forging strong and caring relationships with my patients. I enjoy listening to them describe their symptoms, and I don’t rush them as they tell their stories. Effective listening is an important part of the diagnostic process.
“My greatest strengths as a physician are my overriding interest in every aspect of allergy and immunology and my firm belief that efficiency leads to better clinical care and improved outcomes.
“I treat all my patients fairly and with respect, never forgetting that they deserve the same excellent care I would want any member of my family to receive.
“I feel truly honored to care for others. Being a physician has allowed me to grow as a person, strengthen my listening and problem-solving skills, and help others at the same time.”
Born in Johnson City, Tennessee, Dr. Ledford is married and has three sons and six grandchildren. In his spare time, he enjoys sports and is an active church member. He has been a Judeo-Christian clinic volunteer for 20 years.
Voted “Best Doctors in America”
- Board Certified: Allergy & Immunology, Internal Medicine, Rheumatology, Clinical & Laboratory Immunology
- Fellow: American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology; American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology
- Fellowship: Allergy & Immunology, University of South Florida, Tampa, FL; Clinical Immunology & Rheumatology, New York University, New York, NY
- Residency: Internal Medicine, University of Tennessee City of Memphis Hospitals, Memphis TN
- Internship: Internal Medicine, University of Tennessee Affiliated Hospitals, Memphis, TN
- MD: University of Tennessee Center for the Health Sciences, Memphis, TN
- BCh: Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, GA
- Member: American Academy of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology; American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology; American College of Physicians and other organizations
- Professor: Division of Allergy & Immunology, University of South Florida College of Medicine
- Clinical Research: Directed or participated in numerous studies and clinical trials at the University of South Florida College of Medicine and ther institutions
- Hospital Affiliations: Tampa General Hospital; James A. Haley Veterans Administration Hospital; Moffit Cancer Center Hospital; University Community Hospital; All Children’s Hospital